April 5, 2010

Arrividerci Baci

 Me and myself izza what we is because of momma Baci raising me all my life - she had da payshunce with my wild child self. Yep uh huh, sheeza been my momma da whole almost 4 years of my life, and sheeza taught me my meowster manners while tolerating my smitten kitten antics.


 Baci crossed over The Rainbow Bridge on Saturday April 3rd and I wanna paws fur a meowment frumza my normal Catzowey day, to pay da tribute to da redhead who made me whooza I am. Born on da streets of San Franfuncisco  (after Karl Malden & Michael Douglas left da Streets of San Francisco) in October 1995, Baci found her furever home cuz of da San Franfuncisco SPCA rescuing her and well, da rest is historicatically meowvalous history.

Ahhh she loved me from da meowment I arrived in her house. She was happy to see me, but everybody calls Baci "Mrs Grumpy" cuz datsa da look sheeza got all her almost 15 years of life. My molto famoso photographer Mark Rogers even made da "Birthday Card" using Baci's not smiling face, and if youza furtunate to receive his speshule card, youza opens it up  and it shouts "NO! Really I AM happy it's your Birthday"! Baci gotza her very own line of speshule OK-shun cards on da market. Datsa something!

 Always, Baci wazza da boss of da house, ruling with da 4 redhead paws and we izza shure she selectacatted da Easter Eve to cross The Rainbow Bridge - exacticatically her way cuz that's how life was with Baci.  I'ma calling it "Baci's RED-surrection".
 See, sheeza still looking da grumpy look! But fur all her life sheeza consistent creature of da habit, da purrfecto kitty.   Losing my momma Baci izza da impurrtant reminder dat life is short - even when ya got 9 lives, so be shure youza enjoys it to the meowximum and tells someone speshule dat theyza speshule or they won't ever know theyza speshule. Cheers tooza you Baci and mille meowster grazie fur being my speshule Momma Cat.


Luv & Baci  (datsa means "kisses" in EyeTailYun),
Guido



27 comments:

Raymond and Busby said...

Ciao Baci! We will never forget you! xoxo

Mochy said...

Arrivederci Baci! Although you will be sorely missed I'm certain, you are joining many fabulous angels who can always find some mischief for a redhead.
Purrs to your family.
Godspeed to you.

8GR8LOLCATS said...

Guido- Molte benedizioni a tua madre Baci. Spero che il suo viaggio verso il ponte arcobaleno è stato meraviglioso. Addio Baci, a piedi, con gli angeli.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Rest in Peace, sweet Baci.
That is a beeyouteeful tribute to a wonnerful cat.
Love & Purrs,
KC

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Arrivederci dear Baci.
We are so sad that we did not get to know you because from what we read you were one very special redhead!
What a pawsitively beautiful tribute you gave Baci, Guido.
We will keep your family in our purrs..
until we meet again...

A più tardi

purrs
>^,,^<
Abby

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Arrividerci Baci. We never met you but you were so obviously a lovely ladycat and a good mother to Guido. You will be missed by all your family and friends, but will live on forever in their hearts.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Unfortunately, we didn't meet you or Baci until she'd already left for the bridge. We're glad you had Baci to teach you catiquette and keep you in line as you grew up. Evidently you loved her very much and we're sure she is very much missed. Purrs and tail wags.

Anonymous said...

She was beautiful your Bachi!

Jacqueline said...

A lovely tribute to a beautiful girl...Baci was very special indeed and we know you guys will miss her terribly...We're sending loud purrs and wish you comfort at this sad time...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Ikaika said...

We are so sorry that Baci had to leave you ... we send you gentle purrs.

Run free at the Bridge, beautiful Baci ...

Brian's Home Blog said...

My sisters and I are so very sad to hear about your sweet Baci. That was such a beautiful and loving tribute and we are thinking of you. Thank you for sharing her with us, we didn't know her but we feel like we did and we too shall remember her forever.

The Florida Furkids said...

We are sorry to hear that Baci has gone to the Bridge. ((Hugs))
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

The Island Cats said...

We are so sorry to hear about Baci going to the Bridge....purrs to all of you who are missing her....

Daisy said...

What a sweet, grumpy face Baci had. I wish I could have gotten to know her before she had to leave.

"Grieve Not,
Nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh, and talk of me
As if I were beside you...
I loved you so....
'Twas Heaven here with you."

Unknown said...

I would have said Baci had a mysterious face - like Mona Lisa - farewell to a special lady.

Purrs, Alexander

Tigger said...

Farewell Baci~ You will be missed and loved always.

Love,
Tigger

Curly said...

Guido, what a sweet tribute to your furmomma Baci. The pictures are precious and a wonderful reminder of the life and love you shared. I think Baci will continue to watch over you from the Bridge. Sending love & purrs of comfurt to you and your family.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

gweedoh, we are so sorry dat baci left to go to the bridge but she will still watch ofur yoo frum da bridge. noze kisses to yoo and yor mommie

Kelly H. said...

What a beautiful tribute, Guido...Baci sounds like a wonderpurr Mama Cat - we will always remember her expression in your last Christmas photo - hilarious! Love and purrs to you and your family.

Karen Jo said...

I just found out about Baci. I am so very sorry that she had to go to the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs and nose kisses to all of you.

Mary Argo said...

My thoughts are with you through this difficult time. I know how much Baci was loved by everyone and most of all by Guido. A toast of red wine is made in your honor dear one.

Donna said...

Rest in peace, Baci.

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

We is sorry dat Baci hadta go. Purrrrrs for yore sads.

T said...

I am so sorry Baci had to go. HOw old was she? She looks like she was an AMAZING mommy (even if she maybe looked grumpy - being a Mommy is hard work!). love the pics of you guys together and the one of her where it looks like she is bowing!

Lila Mae Bush said...

What a lovely momma!!

Christopher said...

She'll be watching over you proudly on your upcoming birthday. She did good, Guido. She did good.

~Christopher

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. She was a very special cat, and I know she warmed the hearts of many. She will be missed, but always carry her in your heart.

Funtastic Finer Niners Funday On Sunday

  Up here at the Rainbow Bridge, we all have da front row seats with a Birds Eye view of da game. Yup it’s gonna be a purrrrrfecto funday Su...