October 8, 2007

Monkeying Around With Jane Goodall


I'm in ecstaticat mode and my paws have not touched the ground yet, because Sunday at Grace Cathedral, my baby bengal self was cradled and blessed by Jane Goodall - the renowned primatologist and I behaved PURRfectly! I wasn't going to miss St. Francis day and the blessing of we furried and some feathered pals (yep and a few scaley dudes too)- so off I went (well, I actually got carried wearing an escape proof pup harnass - a Dolce Catbana - but it was camouflage design and cool!). Jane picked me out of a crowd of canines - lucky me and catzowey - she has the magic touch for head massage. I'm thinking of reloCATing closer to her - she's magical and has a Meowvalous message for all of you 2-leggeds.




Being a bit leary when the organ began, I felt secure holding on to my tale - I'd once heard a story about Tails in the Crypt and didn't want to become one of those victims. Hey, this Grace CAThedral is some place( it has a catwalk and colorful windows for heavenly bird watching). Would you believe there were 900 folks and their pets in and on the Pews (my pew mate was a golden lab who was aMEWsed by my stripes). 9 out of 10 pew seated folks asked my momma what breed I was and a zillion catzillion of times I heard her decry "GUIDO is pure-bred San Francisco SPCA" - nobody ever believed her - they catsistantly insisted I was some fancy shmancy meowster. Whatsa matta with them?

Good things come to those with 4-paws: I actually got blessed again - when the dazzling Rev. Vanessa Glass held me and whispered a sweet prayer into my fuzzy Episcocat ears. She's an angelicat.


And who might have had their debut onCBS affiliate evening news on Sunday eve? Not just once, but twice - after all some fat cats aren't home for the 6:30pm news and others are seriously catnapping at 11pm. I made both newscasts - woo hoo so watch carefully (click above on CBS link) and when you see 2 white poodle dogs, the mighty meowster is seconds shortly thereafter.


I need to recuPURRate now for a week so I might be late in answering my fan mail. Mille Grazie and let's cat chat next week,
Ciao & Meow,
GUIDO - The Italian Kitty aka Frisky Feline Friend of Jane's


No comments:

Funtastic Finer Niners Funday On Sunday

  Up here at the Rainbow Bridge, we all have da front row seats with a Birds Eye view of da game. Yup it’s gonna be a purrrrrfecto funday Su...